Saturday, February 25, 2012

More about me

I guess I should share more about myself, in an effort to connect with whoever stumbles across my little ol' blog :)

I could start with where I grew up, or my education, or my current job. So many of us identify with what job we have, but I often tell people that I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up yet! I could identify myself by groups that I associate with, or beliefs that I have, or things I have accomplished.

It's hard to define oneself, but I'll attempt to give you an idea "about me"...

Hmm. I am loud, outspoken, and opinionated. I like theatre and working out (sometimes!). I am a Christian and a doctor. I am a college professor (which I never 'feel' like. I think the title holds more weight with others than myself.). I love certain junk foods (hello, Buffalo pretzels and crunchy Cheetos!) and huge salads, although usually not at the same time. But salad and chicken wings go together nicely...

Back on track...I am a chiropractor. This really shapes my view on a lot of topics, especially political issues and healthcare of course. I also have sold any number of products over the years, or tried to...Pampered Chef and Stampin' Up, among others. I currently independently represent a couple different industries...Team Trivia and It Works! are the most prominent. (I love those wraps!)

I love animals and people. I love being social, but I definitely love being home cozied up to my muscle man, too! Oh, and I'm pretty darn crafty. Crochet is my preference, but I'm handy knitting something like a scarf (no purl, no other tricks). Give me chocolate and I'll love you forever, or until the chocolate is gone. I also enjoy fire, usually in the form of candles. I always buy candles, and yes, eventually I burn them! Especially if they smell yummy :) Oh, and I like cooking and baking. S does a pretty bang up job in the kitchen too...I can't wait until we can find a house with enough room for both of us to be in the kitchen together!

I have lots of ambitions and goals, although not all of them are easy to define. After getting married this year I plan on prioritizing my goals and creating goals with S. I know things will change over the next few years, but I'm looking forward to plotting out some life stuff with him. :)

I look forward to teaching in a four year institution (I think) and practicing again. I always look forward to whatever adventure presents itself, especially with a great teammate like S.

I also look forward to further questions, or comments, or both. Does anyone read this?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment